ACCREDITATIONS AND APPROVALS
- 700- hour program Accredited by the Commission on Massage Therapy Accreditation (COMTA).
- Certified by the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV) to operate as a proprietary school.
- Approved by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB), the Florida Board of Massage Therapy and the Texas Department of State Health Services as a continuing education provider.
- Approved by the State Approving Agency for Veterans Education and training for Veterans and other eligible persons.
- Approved by the U.S. Department of Education to offer Federal Financial Aid to those who qualify.
We were the first massage/bodywork training school in Virginia with a COMTA-accredited program. COMTA’s mission is to maintain and improve quality assurance in massage therapy and bodywork education by recognizing post-secondary schools and programs through an accreditation process. Schools and programs achieve this recognition by continually demonstrating their compliance with a commitment to standards developed and monitored by the commission.
Address: 900 Commonwealth Pl., Ste. 200-331, Virginia Beach, VA 23464
The State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV) is the Commonwealth’s coordinating body for higher education. SCHEV administers a variety of educational programs that benefit students, faculty, parents and taxpayers and also helps policymakers, college administrators and other concerned leaders work cooperatively and constructively to advance educational excellence.
Address: 101 N 14th Street, James Monroe Bldg, Richmond, VA 23219
The National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB) is a national credentialing body for massage therapists and bodyworkers. It develops an advanced examination that covers a specialized body of knowledge, promotes professional development and provides professional standards for ethical conduct. This non-profit organization represents more than 91,000 nationally and Board certified practitioners and works to serve all those who are touched by the field of therapeutic massage and bodywork.
Address: 1901 South Meyers Road, Suite 240, Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181
The Department of Education has granted the Cayce/Reilly School permission to participate in Title IV Funding, offering federal financial aid such as Pell Grants and student loans to students who qualify and who are enrolled in the 700-hour diploma program.